Weight Loss Motivation
Maintaining Weight Loss Motivation is easy with the secrets of top personal trainers
By Paul "Batman" J.O'Brien
B.A., N.C.E.H.S., Dip. Acu., Cert Clin. IMed., Dip. Adv. OBB, Dip. CHM, M.AFPA., M.C.Th.A.
Weight Loss Motivation. For many people this is the major stumbling block in acheiving long term results. Most people can follow a plan and stick to it. Well for a few weeks anyway. Then it slowly falls apart. Slow results and restrictive diets often see the initial enthusiasm die and then before you can say “and a side potion of chips please” the weights pilled back on with some more in to boot and you end up more discouraged then ever.
I don’t blame you. Hell I’ve tried a variety of diets throughout the years and each one has ups and downs, perks and pitfalls. I know you’re thinking but you’re a fitness instructor – you don’t count. Well I wasn’t always. I found for the most part that although I’d start out real well, my motivation would flag and then I’d sneak in some extra carbs, or maybe not bother with breakfast. Then after about a week I’d realise am back to where I started.
I read every weight loss motivation book going – Paul McKenna’s, Dr. Phil’s, Tom Ventura’s, Tony Robbins’ and more. Each told me the same thing in different ways and I wrote down the general principals I found. The result changed my life – not just in weight loss but in every aspect of my life, training, business, dating everything. They’re easy to do – in fact that’s probably the only drawback. The can be so easy people dismiss them. DON’T. Follow these simple suggestions and you will never feel discouraged or unmotivated regardless of what program you follow or where you are. So here it is, my...
MILESTONES OF WEIGHT LOSS MOTIVATION
- Track you Transformation – Weight loss isn’t always obvious. You can lose ten pounds of fat and gain ten pounds of muscle, the scales will show you the same weight but you will have made incredible progress. Keep yourself aware of the smallest changes by using arrange of methods – photos, body fat %, girth measurements, and the way clothing fits to name a few. Small victories keep you fighting!
- State Your goals – Most people want to lose weight, but that doesn’t help you much. The problem is it’s too vague. If you don’t have a clear and definite stated goal then how can you ever reach it? Write down your specific desires e.g. “I want to lose 2lbs of fat every week for two months”, or I want to have 9% body fat in three months”. Put it somewhere prominent and read it to yourself out load at least twice a day – first thing in the morning and in the evening.
- Plan a head. – You are much more likely to stick to an exercise and nutrition program if you plan it in advance. Write out what you are eating of and when for at least two weeks in advance. Buy your groceries to reflect this. You save money on your shopping and only have the foods you’ll e eating. If time is a problem make your meals in advance and freeze them.
- Be Positive – Many of my clients are very negative when they first come to me – statements like “I’ll try” or “It’s not my fault I have a slow metabolism and poor genetics”. I’m sorry it’s not true and its giving you the option to quit. Not fail – quit. There is a difference. Be positive and you will never feel defeated. The one person who will get you down most about weight loss is you. Replace negative emotions and phrases with positive ones like “I’ll do”, and “What can I do today that will help me get closer to my weight loss goal?”
- Understand Failure is a Success – Failure is nothing more than feedback. There will be weeks when you don’t lose weight. This isn’t a failure its feedback. It’s an opportunity to learn and change. You may need to re-assess your calorie intake or add a few minutes on to your exercise program, or change a particular food. When you can track yourself weekly you’ll be able to make the necessary adjustments to keep up with your body as it loses weight, firms up and revs up its metabolism.
I know these weight loss motivation tips sound really simple and easy – too easy. But I promise you, if you do these little things everyday your weight loss motivation will never flag or tire. You will become an unstoppable force and your weight loss – or anything else you choose to apply these techniques to will gain momentum until one day you wake up and realise you’ve succeed.
So then what?
That’s right – set new goals and victories to achieve!
If you'd like a natural approach ot Weight Loss visit my friends at...
Beautiful Body Ideal Weight
For natural weight loss products and meal replacement programs to achieve your healthy body ideal weight goals, along with a motivational Diet Blog and tons of valuable Diet Tips visit:
Beautiful Body Ideal Weight
Walk out of Weight Loss Motivation and over to Weight Loss Articles