Benefits of Isometric Strength Training for Women are incredibly wide ranging, in fact these techniques offer so many advantages for women, that it may even be better for them than for men! Isometrics Strength training has been overlooked as a viable weight loss method for way too long, and is the perfect solution for women looking for all the positive benefits of strength training without the risk of becoming bulky and muscular.
Women are beginning to realize just how important a proper strength training routine is for their overall health and isometric strength training routine offers many more advantages over conventional training.
Below are my top 10 Benefits of Isometric strength training for women. Review these important aspects and then start your Isometrics strength training routine today with the free isometric exercises on this site!
1) Increased Metabolic Rate - Here is one of the most important benefits of Isometric strength training for women. My female clients always want to discover to the real secrets to weight loss... well here is the first one! Isometric strength training increases your metabolic rate by increasing the calories you burn on a daily basis. The more calories you burn, the more chance you have to drop body fat.
2) Increasing and Restoring Bone Density – Isometric strength training prevents and fights osteoporosis. It does this be stressing the connective tissue of the muscles and bone leading to rapid re-densification. This reduces the chances of developing osteoporosis and even arthritis. I often prescribe isometrics to the women who come to my private medical clinic suffering from these conditions and have seen a dramatic turnaround in their health and well being as a result.
3) Increased Lean Muscle Mass – This is the most important tissue in your body. The more of this the better. This is what we call “metabolically active” tissue. This burns calories and fat like there is no tomorrow. Now it’s important to note that you will not get big and bulky using isometric strength training as a woman! You simply do not have enough testosterone in your body. Yes, if you train for hours and hours and dedicate your life to becoming a bodybuilder and using illegal performance enhancing substances you can certainly bulk up, but that’s not what we do here.
Simply using isometrics in a regular strength training routine will not cause women to bulk up. With that said, for every pound of lean muscle mass that you have, you burn 35-50 calories per day! The other advantage is muscle is more compact than fat – meaning you’ll appear tighter and trimmer with every pound you add!
If you have 10 pounds of lean muscle mass then you burn between 350-500 calories. If you have 20 pounds you burn between 700 and 1000 calories per day! This is one of the biggest benefits of isometric strength training for women.
4) Injury Prevention – Isometric Strength training develops our muscles, tendons and ligaments in a safe manner. The stronger these tissues are the less chance of an injury. This is crucially important as we grow older. The benefits of isometric strength training for women and men are highly touted for injury prevention as well they should be.
5) Improved Balance – Another very important factor as we grow older. Isometric Strength training creates a strong foundation of muscular and nervous control. Developing and strengthening our legs and core muscle sections means an increase in overall balance and coordination, thus you have a much lower chance of falling over and breaking a hip.
6) Decreased Risk of Coronary Disease – Isometric Strength training is proven to REDUCE your blood pressure. I’ve written a detailed article on that here! if you’d like more information. Another advantage isometrics brings to the table is a decrease in your cholesterol levels. These benefits of isometric strength training for women alone are a great reason to begin your program today. Heart disease is one of the highest (if not the highest) killer of women in every year.
7) Aids in Rehabilitation and Recovery - Strengthening the muscles around our joints is one of the best ways to prevent and recover from an injury. You can learn more about using isometrics to recover from an injury here. Often I prescribe isometric exercises to rehab my patients faster than conventionally thought possible.
8) Enhanced Performance in Sports, Exercise and Life In General - The benefits of isometric strength training for women all condense down to one inescapable truth - a better overall quality of life. You can perform your favourite activities with more ease and less pain. You will be able to increase your health and mental state using a regular isometric strength training routine that can be completed in seconds.
9) Aging Gracefully – As we’ve already seen, isometric strength training prevents injuries, increases recovery speed, and increases your balance and coordination. All that means is that with less falls and less injuries you will be able to age gracefully.
Your lean and toned body will create a warm and strong persona and isometric strength training is a major factor in aging well. Enhancing our muscles and reducing body fat are prime ways to prevent sagging body parts too ;) I’ve a couple of articles that may be of interest to you if that’s a concern – check out this article on flabby arm exercises you can do today.
10) Feeling Better and Looking Better – Finally, I don't think it is much of a secret that we all want to look great, women included. We are all looking for ways to appear younger and vibrant. Isometric strength training is a vital part of a healthy lifestyle routine that promotes such youth and vitality.
Isometric strength training has been shown to increase muscle tone, decrease body fat, and so much more. And a tight, toned body is one important factor to looking great and feeling great.
The other is purely mental. And there are many positive mental benefits of isometric strength training for women. It’s simple to do. Only takes a few seconds and the results and astounding. You’ll have a feeling of accomplishment, strong and confident after each session.
You can start today with the FREE isometric exercises HERE and for those that want to take their training to another level you can check out my 7 week Isometric Course – 7 Seconds to Build A Perfect Body! 7 Seconds to A Perfect Body, The Scientifically Proven Method for Transforming Your Body in Just Seconds! With over 250 pages and filled with more than 130 photos you too can increase your muscle mass and strength by 5-15% a week. That means a whole new you.
Do you have a great Story, Question or Commentand Isometrics and Strength Training for Women? Perhaps a request for a particular problem area?
Share it here!