Building arm muscle for the triceps is a particular problem area for many. Guys often want to increase their bench press and have chiselled granite arms. Women often want toned and slender arms, without bulk. Different goals, but a similar path must be taken to achieve them. That path involves building arm muscle.
The best way to acheive that is by working with me 1-to-1 through online personal training. That way you can get your own personally designed program to get the results you want in the time you have. In the last article I discussed developing the biceps at the front of the arm. In this article I shall focus on the triceps. The triceps is located on the back of the arm, and as its name suggest is comprised of three tendon heads and a muscle belly.
This is important to note because few people train all three heads and stimulate the muscle fibres of the inner head predominately. This means you don’t get full contraction, or enough stimulation to cause the muscles to develop. So they don’t.
Guys end up with scrawny arms; women have to put up with chicken wing arms. Well no longer. Follow these instructions to tone and tighten the triceps.
1. Sticking with the power rack form the last article set the bar up for the last two or three inches of a close grip bench press.
2. Once again lots of weight on the bar.
3. Making sure your back is flat on the bench and your abs are braced push upwards while breathing out. I can’t emphasise enough the importance of breathing. Keep pushing until you are totally fatigued.
4. Concentrate on hardening the triceps as much as possible. Hold this position for 7-12 seconds. If you can hold it longer than that, add more weight. If you can’t hold it to 7 take off some weight.
5. Record that number and lift at minimum 10% more the next week.
6. Buy new shirts.
So there you go. Two exercises for building arm muscle. Repeat this quick workout each week and with the maximum of intensity and 100% effort and you will be rewarded with the arms you desire in the quickest time possible.